2017 MRC Conference
The 19th Annual Northwest Straits Initiative MRC Conference is scheduled for November 3-4, 2017 at the Four Points by Sheraton in Bellingham, Whatcom County. We are looking forward to bringing together MRC members from all seven counties, project partners, Northwest Straits Commissioners and Foundation board members.
This page will be updated as planning continues - stay tuned!
Click here to check out the Four Points by Sheraton in Bellingham, WA.
We have a block of rooms reserved at per diem rate for conference attendees. Please click here to reserve your room. MRC members should coordinate with their MRC staff for reimbursement.
The conference agenda covers two days with a combination of plenary and concurrent sessions, where participants will hear from expert speakers and MRC peers. The 2017 agenda is frequently being updated to reflect the latest information, so check back often for updates.
A few of the highlights and featured sessions include:
- On the cutting edge of kelp: understanding this critical habitat feature
- Little fish with a long story: prehistory and history of forage fish in the southern Salish Sea
- Innovative tools for collecting & communicating scientific data
- Impacts and challenges from vessel traffic in the Salish Sea
- Effective communication with county officials
- The Evolution of Marine Renewable Energy Pacific Northwest
Thank you to our sponsors: