The goal of SoundIQ is to make Northwest Straits Initiative data easily accessible and useful to a variety of users.
SoundIQ is the Northwest Straits Commission’s web-based application to share data collected by MRCs and the Commission in an easily-accessible map format. MRC data on SoundIQ can be viewed in combination with complementary data from other sources.
How it works
SoundIQ incorporates data from all seven Northwest Straits counties. SoundIQ was upgraded to a software platform called Geocortex in 2015, which supports the system for use on mobile devices and improves use and access.
What can you do with SoundIQ?
- Learn about MRC projects
- Find MRC data and reports
- View and change visible map data layers
- Print or share a map
- Search and download data
- Get inspired to fill additional data gaps
SoundIQ is a partnership between Northwest Straits Commission, the Marine Resources Committees, Washington State Department of Ecology and the City of Bellingham.
- Marine Vegetation Atlas
- Washington Coastal Atlas
- Puget Sound Institute Encyclopedia of Puget Sound Maps & GIS
- Environmental Response Management Application (ERMA)
- NOAA Sea Level Rise and Coastal Flooding Impacts Data Viewer
- NWIFC Nearshore Data
- King County Lidar Swipe Viewer
- Puget Sound Eelgrass Monitoring Data Viewer